Tuesday, February 20, 2024

How are Things Going?

Going fairly well here today. We headed off to dialysis early. I came home to do a bit of library work prior to working in the library this afternoon...doing the prework that needs to b done prior to entering them into the computer. Got that done and did a few, very few, things around the house and then sat down to read and do a little cross stitching. I am trying to finish a book that is about to be whisked away from me in a couple of days. I don't think that I can get it finished before its loan time to me is over. I'm only a little over half-way finished. I was already reading it before Saturday's book club and it was one that was chosen for next year's club reads...so once it is finished I have a jump on the book list! I think that it is the final book of next year...do you suppose that I will remember it enough to participate in a discussion!?!?!? When it has been a while since I finished one of the club books, I will either try to check it out again and skim through it or I will go online and find a summary of the book...usually that brings things about the book back to mind! I did that today for next month's book as it has been quite a while since I read it and was having trouble getting the storyline back in my head...that summary has helped. Besides at the moment I really want to be stitching...so that cuts into my reading time unless I can get an audio book...I can listen while stitching. Today I got an order from a cross stitch shop in Colorado. I ordered a chart that I want to stitch for a special gift for a special someone and also got some over-dyed floss to use for a couple of Spring small pillows that I want to put into my antique scoop. I ran a couple of errands before picking Woody up this morning. Woody was wheeled out from his dialysis treatment about a minute or two after I sat down in the waiting room. The nurse said that he had a good treatment. We headed home for an after-dialysis snack for him and then a bit later for lunch. I headed off after lunch for the church library. I was a bit later than planned because of a long train going through Tullahoma. I finally got there and was surprised that Donna hadn't gotten there yet...especially with my train delay. I went in and cranked up the computer and did a couple of tasks...and Donna still wasn't there. I finally decided that perhaps we had gotten our wires crossed. We had talked Sunday morning and I told her that the books had arrived and she asked if we should plan to work today. I "thought" that I answered her...but perhaps only in my mind?!? So this morning, I didn't send my usual text confirming...thought we had...guess not...remember I was teaching that Sunday and my mind is usually going in many directions before we get underway! Anyway...I texted with Donna and told her not to come due to my late notification today! And, told her that I would enter the books in the computer and run the labels and we would pick up from there next week! I didn't have to cook much today...just warm up or get out of the refrigerator and plate up some of the leftovers from the meal that Melany, Wade, and Erin brought us yesterday. Woody chose the salad and the creme brulee. Wade got a tor Christmas to make authentic creme brulee...it was VERY good! Quite a treat! I talked to Melany. She has been giving me almost daily updates on the student teacher she has at the moment...quite the stories...she may be able to write a book after this experience! I have dressed Woody's leg and he is all tucked in for the night watching a TV FBI show. I still have to add the last dishes of the day and start the dishwasher and then I will head upstairs to my chair and finish the day reading and perhaps a little stitching. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment