Monday, February 12, 2024

A Night For Honoring

This evening the Tullahoma City Counsel honored my dear friend and the owner of the Montessori school, where I taught for 27 years, for her dedication for over 50 years of teaching children in the area. I believe that the mayor declared tomorrow to be her day in our city. Last night Pat called and asked if I could go, but I wasn't sure because of prayer meeting. But this morning one of the teachers that I taught with, messaged telling me about the meeting and said that Pat would be honored tonight at the very start ofnthe city counsel meeting and then we could leave before the meeting got under way "for real." She also suggested that maybe our children would like to attend. Well, I knew it was too short notice for Melany. But i told Nathan and he said that he thought he could go. I also told Abigail as she taught at the school for a couple of years. So Nathan picked up me and then we got Abigail and the three of us went to honor Pat. LOTS were there to honor her. She has touched many, many lives and we all appreciate her and will miss her and her husband when they move later his week. I was glad to get to aee her again before she moves. I also got to see one of our co-workers and her husband and also several children we taught...all grown up now...like a big reunion! We have had fairly uneventful day. It has been very rainy...the puddles in the yard are joining to make one big lake! I did finish the first alphabet on my Bristol sampler. Woody is still pretty weak...pretty much transferring via wheelchair rather than him using the walker...at least for the moment. Hoping that this weak phase will pass...quickly!I'm running late tonight...so will stop for now...be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment