Thursday, February 22, 2024

Busy Thursday

Today I made two trips back and forth at the start of Woody's dialysis...forgot to leave his bag with him. This bag has his crossword puzzles and pencils, pencil sharpner and glasses tthat he needs to work the puzzles. It also has a fleece throw and other things that he might need during the four hours that he is there. Oops...that is twice lately that I have forgotten to get it out of the bak seat in the last few treatments. Jo, Carolyn and I met for breakfast. We enjoyed the breakfast, but mostly enjoyed catching up with one another. It was Jo's birthday. So a birthday celebration also! I left from the restaurant to go pick up Woody. I have all the snowmen on the dining room table and all the trees on the table in the living room...now to get up the energy to bring boxes down to find spots for them to be stored till the next go-round of decorating. I did quite a bit of reading this afternoon to be able to finish the book that will be taken back into cyberspace tomorrow. I finished it and have returned it. About the time I finished that book another book became available to me that is on the reading list for the Cottey book club this year. I decided that I would read it while it is available. This new book is a couple months out from its discussion day. The one I finished reading today is the last book of this book club years reads...so it won't be discussed till next March! I wonder if I will remember it by then. My one surprise when I put this book on the list was that I had read the author's Pulitzer Prize winning book...I hadn't realized it, but when I read the summary of that book I did remember it. Prodding the old brain to keep thinking and remembering! Last night I did finish stitching the cross stitch piece that I was hoping to finish and started on one of new small spring pieces that I got the floss for in the mail. We are switching phones and the base phone with answering machine. Nathan is going to help me get them set up...these are supposed to be smarter than the ones we have now. I just know that the ones we have now aren't convenient to get to...one in the sewing room and one in the kitchen...the base phone that has the answering machine is on the other side of our bed...and that phone no longer works/keeps a charge...so it is only an answering machine that doesn't tell me correctly when the call came in, etc. The kitchen phone has a cord as it was originally a land line until our phone line became one with the cable that we get the internet over...so getting rid of the corded phone and the base with answering machine will attach to the wall in the kitchen...we'll see how long it will take me to get used to checking messages downstairs! Right now I have the phones that wil be placed in other rooms all charging downstairs. They all needed to charge for seven hours...thought that this was as good a time as ever to get them charged. Then they will be ready to go when Nathan gets things connected and set up. Supposedly this phone can even be connected to our cell phone and it will block certain numbers, spam, etc. Hoping that it is user friendly! The one that is on the wall in the kitchen I can hardly read the screen and it doesn't identify who is calling. Now the one upstairs does identify who is calling and I like that...hoping that the new will too...I'm pretty sure that it will. For the moment I have done what I knew how to do...insert batteries and plug in the phones' bases. None are connected to our phone line yet. Woody stayed pretty quiet today, but seemed to feel pretty good...didn't feel or get sick to his stomach today. Tomorrow is a stay-at-home day that we are looking forward to. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment