Friday, February 2, 2024

Busy Ground Hog Day

IGpKSAKXbTzDK4SIiG4-7OiCkVJCYA7PnZ2tH4vy_izg-dTybaUyonXiXqZsP4/s320/IMG_0650.jpeg"/>
Today I concentrated on getting the living room finished and straightened up after dragging a lot of things out. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby for a couple of things to finish up the tree...something for a tree topper and also something for a tree skirt. I headed home happy with my choices. We had lunch and then I set out to finish the tree and add Valentine touches to the coffee table and a couple of other places...sometimes Valentine touches can just be something that is red! I got the box of Christmas candles out so I could exchange winter white back to red. I did finish my tiny cross piece..."be my Valentine that is in the antique on the coffee table. I remembered another cross stitch piece that I finished some time back. I found fabrics that go well with it and plan to make a small wall hanging...tomorrow! The only rhing I want to do tonght once I get the kitchen cleaned up and Woody settled is either stitch or read till I go to sleep. Woody has had a good day...as far as I know...at least he hasn't said anything about it not being good. It was a quiet day for him. He's always glad to not have to head out the door for an appointment of any kind. We will be up bright and early in the morning...one thing that we are noticing is that the days are getting longer at both ends...when we leave for dialysis around 6am, it is no longer pitch black. If the sky is clear, then you can see evidence of the sun getting ready to rise. By the time I get him into the waiting room at the dialysis center and I head back home, it is no longer at the edge of darkness...but very close to light. I can take the cold temperatures...if I can see what I am doing when loading the car and getting Woody into the car. Today has been a beautiful day...sunny and very mild...that isn't to last long...but we should be seeing more and more days like today as we get closer and closer to Spring. Well, I guess it is time to head out to do wound care and then finish in the kitchen. I'm feeling the fact that I have kept quite busy today...ready to sit! I finished the "G" on the Bristol Sampler and started the "H" so I have officially gotten to the second page of the sampler chart...at least for the first line of the sampler. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment