Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine’s Day 2024!

I had a photo all picked out for tonight, then when I wrote the title for tonight's blog, I realized that I should post a red barn...not a green one! I'll save the green one for another day. This barn intrigues me...makes me think of a doll house...one of those that you can reach in from both sides to arrange furniture! We have had a calmer day today. Woody has pretty much just rested on the couch, but he is ever so much better than he was yesterday! Linda H. came over for lunch and the three of us had a nice visit...Woody easily sat up (much more easily than the last couple of days) and ate lunch. Not long after he ate, though, he was ready to lie back down and rest. Linda and I adjourned to the living room and sat among the Valentine decorations and talked and sipped tea. I almost forgot to serve dessert! I had made brownies and forgot all about them till Linda was about to leave...needless to say we ate some before she left...I am so glad that I realized it before she left! Later in the afternoon, I headed to Walmart to buy Woody some jelly beans (hard to find jelly beans on Valentine's Day...but I did.) I am including a snack bag with jelly beans in his dialysis bag. That way he will have something to bring up his sugar levels if he starts feeling/acting funny like yesterday! Now that we know that his blood sugar is dropping sometimes...proved by probably the first test that they ran at the hospital yesterday...maybe we can prevent him from getting like he was yesterday. He does not have any recollection of the ambulance ride nor the first part of his time in the ER. I have written a note asking the nurses to let Dr. O. know about this hypoglycemic happening and see if he has any solution besides jelly beans! And, I included a copy of yesterday's summary from his ER visit. I still feel that it has something to do with his dialysis treatments. But the good thing that came out of this is that we know that his other labs were quite good...so not dealing with LOTS of things...just mainly low blood sugar. It has been a good quiet day...now hoping that he can have a good quiet dialysis treatment tomorrow! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment