Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back in Business!

We got our laptop back this afternoon. Woody especially is happy as this is the computer that he uses most of the time. My iPad helped to keep me from having computer withdrawal! Woody missed printing off his crossword puzzles! Also he has been using the word processor a lot lately typing in the prayers that he has been writing, so he couldn't do that while the computer was being worked on. I had school with Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Abigail. Abigail sewed a pocket on the apron that she is making. We got the next step done for the other two pockets. Woody headed out on a six-mile walk while I was having school with Joy. Joy spent her time cross stitching today. Elijah made his first word with the movable alphabet today...c-a-t. He went home and told his daddy that he had spelled c-a-t (sounding it out) and candy (not sounding it out). I had to explain that candy was too long a word for him to spell yet...but he really wanted to spell it so we did! Candy is a food group for Elijah...or at least he wishes that it was! When Woody came home from his walk, we had Reuben sandwiches for lunch. Woody ran errands after lunch with picking up the laptop being the last on his errand list. The laptop didn't have as big a problem as it had the last time and it didn't have a virus. It seems that it was getting confused with the two printers we run on it (or some such thing). Anyway, the geek got it all straightened out and once again it is up and running... and recognizing both printers still. The geek said that he got online and found out that this was a common problem...just not one that he had encountered before. (You could say that we taught him something!) After Woody got back I headed off to run a couple of errands. Then when I got home, I made one of my favorites, Shanghai Pork Stew. We just got finished have some for supper. Now I am ready to head to the heating pad and recliner and finish a book. Woody is downstairs with the TV and a stack of books. As tonight's photo shows, there was a big decorating accomplishment today...the corner tree is up...a big thanks goes to Graham! He came over right after breakfast and got it together for me. It has become a tradition that he puts this tree together. I don't even know how to put the stand together! Woody helped him by finding a couple of boards to put under the tree stand. Last year I had trouble keeping the tree upright...due to the way it sat on the new carpet that we had gotten. I think that Graham got the boards positioned just right and that we shouldn't have a problem this year. Now to find the ornaments! I plan to jump into decorating in the morning...just have to take plenty of breaks so I can rest my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment