Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wheels Spinnin'!

At least my head is spinning! Busy, busy with everyday things along with "getting ready for party" things. Today I had school time with five of our neighbor grandchildren. We did everything from read to trace sounds (letters) in salt to sewing pockets on an apron to handwriting to math to stuffing pillows. Elijah and Esther came over for their school time after lunch. Elijah stayed and played for a little while after his time. Then Esther decided to stay after her time too. She helped me. While I washed tea cups, Esther played with the angels that I had taken down from my cup and saucer display. We got all the tea cups and saucers put back and also the angels. We then attempted to find a place to store Christmas serving dishes. After that she decided to go home. I did get all the spoons in my spoon collection polished last night along with the 12 Days of Christmas bells. I also made and/or covered pillows for the front porch rockers and glider. Graham helped me stuff one of the pillows. After all t he work that Esther and I did, I made turkey noodle soup...pretty good! Now I am ready to sit down and relax for a little while and watch the finals for Dancing with the Stars. Woody walked to the prayer room at church a while ago. He will come back any time now and have a bowl of the soup that I was in the process of making when he left. It has been a cold, damp, and dreary day here in Middle TN. It never got out of the 40's today. Well, I keep marking things off my "to-do" list...but also keep adding things so not sure that I'm making a lot of headway! One thing for sure...the party will happen Sunday whether I am ready or not! I'm so thankful that I managed to get all the decorating done before Thanksgiving! Woody has packed the "box puzzle" back into the Christmas closet...so boxes are gone from the upstairs hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment