Friday, November 9, 2012

Jack-Of-All-Trades...

...master of none...as tonight's title's saying goes. That's the way I feel after making it through this Friday. I got up and put on my chef's hat...French Market Soup and chicken broth. While those were simmering I got to work on clearing our china cabinet for our Precious Moments Nativity. Clearing it meant finding places for what was on it. The sewing cutting table needed to be cleared off so I could put things on it. One of the things on the cutting table was a box of books for the church library that I had ordered last week. I didn't want to take them off the table till I had taken care of some paper work and written info in the books that needed to be put in them before they start to be processed at the church. So then I put on my librarian hat. After I got finished working on them, I decided that I should take care of paper work on the computer for the two new memorials that we had received this past week. So did that and emailed that info to our library worker who writes the letters. That done I put all the books back in the box and put the box next to the front door so we can take them to church on Sunday. Graham and Goosey (Woody) went to Lowes to pick up a couple of things needed by both of our households. After Graham got finished with the project at their house and his school work, he came over and fixed the door stopper that goes on the hinge on the back of our bathroom door. He did a great job...so good to see his confidence in doing such projects all on his own. He went downstairs and asked Woody for the tools he needed and then he went about fixing it. Abigail came over while he was working and decided to stay for a while. She helped me clear tables and pack up some non-Christmas decorations. I dusted and polished the top of the buffet and then she and I opened up the boxes that contained the nativity. She helped place them. So guess we both put on our decorator hats at that point! Esther and Elijah came over before Abigail left. They played for a while and then they looked at a book that I had downloaded on my iPad for them (Little Red Hen). Joy joined them for a while. Then they headed home for supper. Just as they were leaving, Woody headed out to run another errand. Earlier in the day he walked six miles. He also made cornbread to go with our French Market Soup. When five o'clock came I was very ready to eat a quick bite of supper and then head upstairs to the recliner and heating pad...exactly where I am heading as soon as this posts! Busy day! Oh, I did put on my photographer hat for a few minutes when Woody came in telling me that I needed to take the beautiful tree in the yard across the street--tonight's blog photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment