Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Is It Friday Yet?

Elijah came over for a while this morning...he'd been outside playing and just decided to pay us a visit. When he comes in like that I make a quick call on the phone that pages next door! That way they know where he is! He put a few more ornaments on the tree and then asked if it was Friday yet. I just thought that he was asking what day it was and then I realized...that he was looking longingly at the boxes on the coffee table that are pictured in tonight's blog photo. I had told him and his siblings yesterday that they had to wait to get the Fisher Price Nativity out until Uncle Wade, Aunt Melany, Erin and Alex come on Friday! He then knelt down and looked at the pictures on the boxes telling me what was his favorite in each box! Again, so cute! I started out this morning working on the Christmas tree and that is pretty much what I have done all day (and...it still isn't done!). I did stop long enough to make the gelatin salad for our Thanksgiving meal. I am hoping that I can get the last two boxes emptied of ornaments and get them on the tree before I go to bed tonight so I won't have to think about anything except getting ready for our family Thanksgiving that we are having on Friday. Tomorrow is pie making (2 pumpkin and 2 pecan (that includes making pie crusts, too))and homemade roll making day and prep(chopping onions, slicing celery, drying bread, etc.) for the other dishes that I will put together Friday morning while the turkey is roasting. Woody walked six miles today. He had the kitchen all cleaned up when I got up this morning. He has taken emptied boxes upstairs to be added to the piles of boxes in the upstairs hallway. He also started putting boxes back in the Christmas closet since both tree boxes were ready to go back in (they have to be put in first on each end of the closet and then he works the rest of the puzzle of smaller boxes on top and around them. I'm hoping that he will help me pack up the big boxes that contain lots of little ornament boxes. The children got so ahead of me yesterday that I have no idea what little box goes in which big box...another puzzle. Well, back to the tree if my back will allow me! It is really slow-go now as I have to hunt for a space for some of them...but the tree top still needs to be dressed (step-ladder work...that I save till last) and then one side of the tree seems to have been neglected. The children were attracted to the back of the tree for some reason so it is quite well decorated. I have gotten a kick out of where they put some of the ornaments...and Grammy has used her prerogative...that I can move ornaments if they need to be in a different place. I told Melany when I talked to her today that I had moved some to different places on the tree and she said that was always the rule when she and Nathan put ornaments on when they were kids...that Mommy could move them after they got put on! Guess some rules don't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment