Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday...all day!

I woke up really early and decided that I couldn't get back to sleep since I had what I needed to do on my mine...church library memorials. So I headed into the sewing room and got busy on the laptop. I just had to get the forms that were already filled out and some others that needed to be filled out all set up to send on to our library worker who then puts that information into letters and sends them on to inform families of gifts and thank donors. So good to have that job behind me for the time being! After I got those forms emailed (the computer does make this job easier!), I finished up a book order and got that order finalized. So with that it is just sit back and wait for the books to be sent...then more work begins for those of us who process books in the library. Library work is never done...but I will say that we are on top of things more than we have been in a long time. Woody took a four-mile walk today. He has also done our weekly grocery shopping. I helped him put the groceries away and then I drifted upstairs as my adrenalin had begun to fade since I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. So I headed to the recliner and before not long at all I had drifted off to sleep intending to wake up when it was lunch time. Well...lunch time had come and gone when I finally came fully awake! I headed downstairs and had a snack lunch and got busy on the cooking that I had planned to do today. Woody had made an attempt to make persimmon jelly while I slept. Time will tell if it jells. He has a tree that he passes on his walk and he often picks up persimmons on his walks. So I guess he decided to see what he could make out of them! I wondered what it would taste like...but I took a little taste and that taste holds promise! I made chicken and rice soup and also some chicken salad. We ate the chicken salad for supper and each had a small bowl of the soup...just to give it a taste test! Both seemed to hit the spot. We both took on cleaning up the kitchen...I put what could be put in the dishwasher and Woody is washing the rest by hand. I listened to Christmas music while I cooked...getting into the spirit of the holiday seasons that are approaching...just think less than three weeks till Thanksgiving. And, I'm hoping to have my decorating mess over with by then...but...it's good to know that I don't have to have it done and that I do have a little more time after Thanksgiving to put the final touches on if need be. The Sunday School party is one month from today's date. So for me...count down is on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment