Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Stockings Are Hung by the Chimney With Care!

Tonight's photo is a bit different view of our church than I usually take! Today there was a commissioning service at the 11am service for a new motorcycle ministry: F.A.I.T.H. Riders. We got part way home and Woody asked if I had my camera and since I did, we circled back to the church so I could take photos of the line-up of motorcycles down the side of our church. Woody got up early this morning and walked seven miles. He said that it was quite frosty out...lawns and roofs. We both went to the early service and then to our Sunday School Classes. We came home after taking church/motorcycle pictures and I got back to work on decorating. I first tackled the corner tree in the family room. Then later I finished up the mantel. Woody helped me get some boxes out of the way by taking down all the boxes of ornaments for the big Christmas tree that will go in the living room. I needed them out of the way so I could find what is in other boxes that are left upstairs. By him doing that I was able to find the rest of the trees and snowmen that go on the mantel...plus other things that I had been looking for. And, yes, our stockings are hung! I don't want to tackle the big tree till I pretty much have everything else done. It's getting closer to finished, but still a BIG mess...boxes, tissue paper, etc., etc. I talked to my sister and she had finished her decorating except for her Christmas tree. I told her that was depressing to hear! Happy for her...but wish that I could say the same! I have to pace myself over the next few days to get as much done as I possibly can. I don't want it to be a total mess when we have our family Thanksgiving on Friday. It would be nice to have a few chairs to be able to sit on and a table or two that aren't covered so we can have our feast!! I have to pace myself too so I will have energy enough to be able to cook said feast! Woody is home from the evening church service. He is downstairs reading and watching TV. I came up a little before he got home to rest and read (and blog) for a bit. I will see in a little while if I feel like doing any more in the decorating realm this evening. I may at least find those elusive items that I need to finish up decorating in the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment