Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day/Night 2012

Well, Election Day has finally arrived. Woody and I voted early so it isn't quite the same...My prayer is that once election results are known that everyone can get on with life and accept those who are elected for the next terms. But the main thing that I pray for is that RESPECT can be shown for the individual and his/her office...no matter the party, etc. I am so tired of so much raking of candidates over the coals! My day started out with school with Abigail. She did her spelling lesson and then continued on with getting her apron cut out. Graham came next. He worked on updating his weather chart and then decided to work on a K'nex project that he is doing for his daddy. Joy came over and she did her spelling lesson and then continued work on her cross stitch project. While I was having school this morning, Woody and Nathan did some quick raking and blowing of leaves to the road as the leaf vacuum truck had been spotted in our neighborhood by Woody. After school and raking/blowing leaves, it was time for lunch. Then after lunch Elijah came over. He worked with finding letters in the movable alphabet. Then we did a new lesson...an introduction to writing sounds (letters). I put a thin layer of salt in a cake pan and then he looked at the sound on the letter boards and then he traced the sound in the salt. He liked doing that. He read a story with Goosey and then he headed home as Esther was coming over. She read another story in Dick and Jane and then did several papers. I introduced her to multiplication and she did great! Then it was time for me to get started on supper. I made beef stew and Woody made corn bread. Pretty tasty! Woody walked to the prayer room...you can tell the time has changed...it was almost pitch dark at 4:30 so he walked to and from the church in the dark. He got back just a few minutes ago. I guess we will settle in and watch election results at least for a while. Oh, and, Mr. Snowman is sitting on the hearth. I haven't had much time to decorate today, but I did manage to get the mantel the rest of the way cleared off and dusted, and, the first of many trees has been placed on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment