Thursday, November 1, 2012

Yikes...NOVEMBER!

Well, I have turned up another page on my calendars today...seems just like yesterday when I was turning up the last page!  Time is flying.  Yesterday I talked with Melany and we started getting dates down for when we will have our family Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.  When I went out to eat with my Sunday School class we chose a day and place for our annual class Christmas get-together.  It will be a month from tomorrow and it will be here at our house...so...I started to listen to Christmas music today to get in the mood!  I will start decorating very soon as it takes me a while and I want to do it at my leisure rather than under pressure.  So I did open the Christmas closet door today...that's about all I did except to put a basket of my "everyday" CD's so I would have room for the basket of Christmas CD's.  So a basket of Christmas CD's is now in my sewing room...first decoration out and in place! Lots to go...but a start?!? I also have Christmas music found on my iPad on Pandora. I have done a bit of sewing this afternoon. I finally got around to putting the waist elastic in the skirt that I have repurposed from a jumper that I had made for myself years ago. It goes with the crazy patch vest that I made out of many pairs of my repurposed slacks. The vest has scraps of the repurposed jumper material in it and that is what made me think that it would be good to turn the jumper into a skirt. While working on my skirt, I have been thinking and planning Christmas gifts. Woody took a six-mile walk after it warmed up. We did have a freeze last night. When Woody first looked at the temperature this morning it was 30, but Weather Bug says that we got into the 20's last night and also the night before. Later this afternoon Woody ran a couple of errands. The rest of the day we have stayed in and kept warm. We have planned some upcoming meals so Woody will get the ingredients for the recipes when he shops this week...trying to avoid extra trips to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment