Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November's Last Wednesday

It has been a busy day here...as usual! The first thing that I did this morning was make a Christmas order (another step closer to being ready for Christmas!). Looks like part of the family will be getting some presents! Then it was time for school. Today Elijah, Esther, Joy and Graham came over for a time of Grammy school. Graham finished one of his subjects and then came up to the sewing room and we made Isaac a little felt stocking with his name on it to add to their ornaments for their advent tree calendar. Mother made this advent calendar for Melany and Nathan and gave it to them on Nathan's first Christmas. There are ornaments to snap onto the tree each day starting on Dec. 1 and going through Dec.24. On the 24th they put a star on the top of the tree. The children take turns snapping ornaments on the tree. When it was given to Melany and Nathan there were only two stockings on it...now there are eight...a third of the ornaments are stockings! I have been making new little felt stockings for each of them their first Christmas. So Isaac's got made today thanks to Graham's help. After lunch, it was time for me to head to the library for our weekly work time. Not long after I got home we ate. Then Woody went on a four-mile walk. I came upstairs and rested for a while...and looked at my party "to-do" list to see if there was anything that I could mark off! Not much marked off today...but Woody did go to the grocery store so I do have the ingredients for my Wassil. I have decided to come into the sewing room and do a couple of things...I mended a skirt for Joy and now I'm going to work on making some Christmas ornaments. The Christmas tunes are cranked up on my iPad and I'm settling in for a sewing/relaxing evening. Woody is watching a library DVD...relaxing also. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment