Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pumpkin Pie or Pudding, Anyone?

There's 20 cups of puréed pumpkin in our refrigerator and freezer! Woody cut up all our home grown pumpkins today and then baked the pieces in the oven. I helped take the peel off some of the pumpkin pieces after they were baked and cooled and then puréed them in the food processor. I had to quit when it was time to go to the library and Woody finished up the rest. In the past we have cut and peeled the pumpkin and then boiled it till it got soft. This was a much easier way (especially the peeling task)and the purée was a lot less watery. Quite a job! I had school with Elijah, Esther, Joy and Graham this morning. I started helping Woody with the pumpkin during Graham's time as he had a lesson that he could do all on his own. Woody drove me to the library as I needed help getting a box of books into the library (trying to be good to my back!). After he took the books into the library, he walked home. That was his walk for the day. For the time being Woody's kidney stone has stopped moving and isn't bothering him. When I got home from the library, there was evidence that children had been over and done some art...there were pictures by the front door and one pink coat left behind and a couple of storage bins out in the school room (the tops make great desks for art). I'm late blogging as my sister and I were having a "tis the season phone call!" She mailed our Christmas box today...boy is she ahead of me! I haven't even gotten an idea for some of the Arizona gifts for this year! We got a call from Geeks today about our laptop, but we weren't here to answer their question. We will call in the morning...at least they didn't leave a "hopeless" message...sounds like they are getting it cleaned up and it will be back home soon! It is missed! Perhaps I'll be able to post photos again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment