Friday, November 16, 2012

Clean Sweep?

Today I have made a clean sweep of the living room...well, at least of all tables, bookcase shelves, etc. There are no decorative items on any of them. They are all ready for Christmas items to be placed on them. Once I got items off, then I could give them a good cleaning. I have dusted and polished wood surfaces and vacuumed under those tables, shelves, etc. that don't get vacuumed under very often. That has taken me just about all day. There have been quite a few rest periods interspersed. Some of the items have found homes for the holidays. The rest are on my sewing cutting table waiting a box to be put into...those boxes will become available when the Christmas decorations come out of them. I have made quite a few trips up and down the stairs. Woody did our weekly grocery shopping which this time included getting a good portion of the items for our family Thanksgiving meal (which will take place on Friday). We went over our traditional Thanksgiving recipes yesterday and got things on the list. There are still a few items that Woody will make a quick run to get next week. After he got home from the store and we had the groceries put away, he made pumpkin bread (have to make something with all that pumpkin!). My Sunday School class is providing snacks for the workers who are getting ready for our Night in Bethlehem/A Living Nativity. I think that the workers will enjoy Woody's baking efforts! Woody has also raked and blown more leaves today. He ran an errand late this afternoon and when he got back he loaded me into the car and we headed to the Dairy Queen for a Blizzard...I had gotten another buy one medium get one medium free...hard to resist! It was a yummy treat. Well, I guess I will pick up a box or two and head down the stairs and place a few items on the bare surfaces in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment