Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Youth! Yikes!

As of Sunday Graham became a part of the youth department at our church--6th grade through 12th grade. Oh, my...how could have this happened so quickly? He and his 6th grade Sunday School teacher hit it off right away. I guess that is what you would expect since he got Goosey (Woody) for one of his teachers! And, as you can see by tonight's photo, he seems to have developed an interest in learning to play drums! He has his own corner at his house and has spent a lot of time getting them set up and is using DVD's and other computer aids to help him learn. So far I haven't heard the beat come between our two houses! Just wait, you say?!?! Woody left a while ago to walk to the prayer room at church. He ran a couple of errands earlier today, too. I got up and decided that today was the day to make some more NIH plans. So got busy and booked a hotel room for our second night away. I have to call directly and make reservations with the actual hotel rather than booking online, if I want to be sure to get a receipt when we check out. They will not give a receipt if I happen to make the reservation through one of the discount places online. We had a terrible time one time getting proof that we had checked out...go figure! I didn't realize that time that I had gotten into one of those sites since I started out at their website...must have clicked on something that I didn't realize. Anyway, they said in the future to call their hotel directly. I always dread doing that as there are times when the person on the other end of the line is very hard to understand (if you know what I mean). Well, today I could understand them, but they had trouble understanding me. I'm having a bit of trouble learning how to use my new cell phone...hard to teach an old dog new tricks! I guess that you need to hold this one a bit differently and I haven't discovered just how yet! Anyway, after a few "can you hear me nows" and a few laughs, I finally got the reservation made. So we have a place to rest our heads both Monday (Williamsburg historic home) and Tuesday (Fairfax, VA). I make the next reservation when it is less than a week till we are at the hotel as that is the only way that I have found out that you can get the NIH rate...so that reservation experience is still ahead of me. I also emailed Woody's research team's nurse to have her get some paperwork ready for us to expedite things when we are there. So NIH plans are well underway. After all this, I finally got around to doing some secret sewing till lunch time. After lunch I headed off to run a couple errands and get my hair cut. Then I came back to play a bit with several of the neighbor children and then it was back to sewing. The birthday secret sewing project is coming along. I think that it is feasible that it will be completed in time for Esther's party on Thursday. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment