Friday, July 5, 2013

July...Really?!?

Looking at yesterday's and today's temperatures you wouldn't know that it is July! Yesterday the thermometer that you see in this photo didn't reach 70 degrees and tonight's photo shows you what the temperature is right now and the hi and low for the day. But I guess we aren't to get used to these temperatures as I hear that it is supposed to be heading back to hot and steamy in not too many days. We definitely have the moisture to produce steam if the temps rise! Today hasn't been as rainy as yesterday...but it has rained off and on. Woody woke up to rain this morning so postponed his walk till later in the morning. He headed off on his four-mile walk when he thought that the radar showed that it wouldn't rain for a while...but before he got back it started raining again. At the moment it is drizzling. I have had a lazy day. I washed the table cloth and napkins from yesterday's festivities and cleaned my vacuum's filter! I told myself that after I finished cleaning this week that I would clean the filter as it was one of those overdue jobs. It is one of those things that I tend to put off just in case I might need the vacuum since I can't use it again till the filter dries. There are many days that I don't use the vacuum...but finding just the right one to wash the filter seems to evade me at times...either I don't think about doing it or I think that I might need it before the filter dries! Anyway...filter is washed and drying...so that job done. I have done a lot of reading today. I finished the church library book that I had been reading and then checked out an e-book from our public library and have already read half of that. It has been one of those dreary days that makes for a good reading day...Woody has been reading too...he started the church library book that I just finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment