Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Better Take My Picture Then!"

Another day has come and just about gone. I have done secret sewing for Esther's birthday most of the day. I have sort of holed up in our bedroom...in case she came over...that way it wouldn't be right out in the open! I got it cut out and then have done some sewing...some handwork and then slip into the sewing room and use the machine or serger for short spurts. She did come over a little before supper, but I was downstairs fixing supper and Woody came downstairs so she didn't go upstairs. It's starting to be recognizable...so if she should see it the cat would be out of the bag. Elijah was in and out a lot of the day. He has an old non-working cell phone that he wanted me to charge for him...it uses the same size plug-in that our cell phone. He was so excited that it was charging. I told him how to tell when it was charged. He asked if when the bars filled up the little rectangle if that meant it was 100%! I told him that was right and how did he know that. He said that he had learned it. He stayed for a while and I was telling that I had missed him while they had been gone the last couple of weeks. He said that he had missed us too. Shortly after that he decided that he was going to head home...he was tired of watching the phone charge, I guess! Anyway, I told him that I would miss him. He said, "Well, you better take my picture then!" As Art Linkletter used to say, "Kids say the darndest things!" Woody has just returned from walking to and from the church for his time in the prayer room. It rained this morning, but it did turn out to be a sunny afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment