Monday, July 1, 2013

July Is Here!

I think that all calendars have been turned to July. July has started out quite busy. The six grands stayed over here for a short time while Kathy and Nathan took their camper to have something checked. Isaac had fun sliding and building and/or knocking down towers built with my grandfather's blocks. Joy and Graham decided to build with K'nex Bricks and made several emergency vehicles and Graham helped Elijah build with "his" K'nex set. Abigail and Esther helped me cook. We are getting ready for celebrating Elijah's fourth birthday a bit early as that is the only way to fit it into their busy schedule. So we will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow...along with celebrating The Fourth with them. Abigail helped me get the beans ready for making my mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans. They have soaked all day and are now simmering on top of the stove. I will put them the rest of the way together later this evening and then let them cook all night in a very slow oven. Then we hard-cooked eggs and Abigail and Esther helped me peel them. Then we made some macaroni and cheese. The photo shows Woody and Abigail grinding the meat for the hamburgers...quite serious work and not easy. Abigail (and the others) had to head home for lunch and I ended up being Goosey's helper. After lunch I headed to the church to process some books...that took a while. While I was away, Goosey went next door to watch the children for a few minutes. After I got home, Goosey and Abigail went to the grocery store to pick up several items that we need for tomorrow's cookout. A little while ago, Abigail brought the corn that she and Goosey had bought back over here...all shucked...I think that she talked her sisters into helping her a bit! At the moment I am ready to just sit till it is time to put the beans together. I'm tired...pretty busy/active first day of July here in the two Dorrell households!

No comments:

Post a Comment