Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jackpot!

I hit the jackpot when I went outside a little while ago to take some pictures of butterflies. While I was getting the tiger swallowtail butterfly pictures, I kept hearing a funny little noise. Well, that noise came from two hummingbirds. So I managed to stalk them a bit and actually came away with a pretty good picture or two...about the best that I have ever gotten of a hummingbird in flight. I put in the second picture of the hummingbird because you can see its little beak so well getting nectar from the wee, tiny flower on the butterfly bush flower cluster. I was also pleased at getting some good butterfly pictures. Tonight the two butterflies just seemed to be floating through the air around the flowers. I had gotten the pictures of the hummingbirds and was heading back inside because I was being eaten up so badly by mosquitoes, but looked back and saw the sun hitting the butterfly just right. I could see right through its wings and see the flowers behind its wings. Really shows how delicate butterflies are. Another jackpot for my day is that I actually found some time to sew this morning. Then I headed out to meet friends for lunch...that definitely put gold in my jackpot! We had such a good time talking, catching up with each other, and doing a lot of laughing! After I got home I sewed for a little while longer till I just knew that it was time to go rest and read for a while. I actually stayed awake. Woody got up this morning and walked six miles. He has stayed in and stayed cool the rest of the day...reading, working on the computer, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment