Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another Nostalgic Day!

Woody got up and walked six miles this morning. When I finally woke up (another one of those nights when I didn't get to sleep till the wee hours), I decided to continue scanning old photographs. Tonight's shows my mother, sister and me as we were getting ready to get on the train in Phoenix heading to Massachusetts in July of 1957.It was a three day train ride! The whole trip and visit was a really fun time. Massachsetts was my mother's home state and we were going to see mother's sister and family as well as my grandfather and various and sundry other aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It was a fun time...in my memory...which is being helped by the photos! To this day I love trains! It was wonderful to see our country...almost from coast to coast! We started in Phoenix and then during our visit we did go to the beach in New Hampshire. Ahhhhh...for the good ol' days!!!! I worked in the library this afternoon, then stopped at Janie's Sewing Center to pick up some interfacing I needed (but really that was just a good reason to visit!). Then I came home and made marinara sauce and cooked linguine. After we ate, I was about done in...so came up to rest my back in the recliner...and you guessed it...I fell asleep...reason that I am a bit late blogging tonight! Perhaps being a bit nostalgic...since it is my mother's birthday today...

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture! Perfect to celebrate grammas birthday!

    ReplyDelete