Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Celebrate!

And, celebrate we did, today! Elijah got up wanting lunch for breakfast so he could have his party! Tonight's photo shows him seeing his "Candy Train Cake." Elijah loves candy so this was right up his alley! Woody got up early and went for a walk...I'm not sure how long a walk...but I'm guessing at least 8 miles by the length of time that he was away. I woke up not feeling well...a bout with nausea...not pleasant...but got over it by the time it was party time. I was very thankful that the girls and I (and Woody) had done most of the cooking yesterday. I turned the making of the deviled eggs over to Abigail and her helpers (I understand that she even got some help from Isaac (1) when her back was turned!). They are good cooks! I subtracted one item from the menu that I just didn't feel up to fixing or instructing someone else how to fix it. We may have that item on Thursday when Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex come for the 4th. Nathan cooked the hamburgers and hotdogs on their grill. So we had quite a feast. Elijah opted to open his gifts prior to cake and ice cream. And, after cake and ice cream the children played a game of "pin the cake on the table" designed by the girls. A fun celebration in anticipation of Elijah turning four! Elijah came over a little while ago and expressed to me what a fun time his birthday had been. We also built a little with K'nex. Woody left a while ago walking to the church prayer room. Oh, I have to add one more photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment