Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Secrets?

Not a lot doing for me today...pretty laid back! Woody's walk today was to and from the library and he did some mowing. I "attempted" the next part of the secret sewing project for Esther's birthday. I locked the door for a while this morning...so I wouldn't be surprised by any little munchkins as I was downstairs cutting out. I would cut out a piece and "run" upstairs to put that piece in the guest room and make sure that the bedroom door was closed behind me! I had completed cutting out one of the fabrics and was starting on the second when Joy and Isaac showed up returning something. So I quickly shoved it under the sewing table as it is the type of fabric that will attract a little girl's attention. I am trying to keep it a secret from all the children as I know how hard a secret is to keep! I don't want to give them a clue that I am making something for Esther as then the guessing would begin and I think that the first part of the secret sewing mission might be guessed since Esther has asked for it. So when they were occupied with Woody I swooped up that fabric from under the sewing table and put it into the guest room with the rest of the secret project. So sewing has stopped for the day. I thought that I had all the secret sewing fabric hidden away...even to the last scrap...but a minute ago Abigail picked up a piece and asked me what it was. I just told her that I was practicing stitches on that fabric...totally the truth! Funny how shiny pink fabric attracts a little girls attention. Esther came in and found the pattern for the first secret project...she asked me when I would make it...and I told her that I would see after I finished the project I am working on...so far...none are the wiser...at least I don't think they are! Hard to keep secrets around here! I did complete sorting photos for June today...so am just behind in sorting the photos for this month...if I hurry I will be caught up with sorting before July is over! The other night when I couldn't sleep I got up and started on the sorting job and finished the photos taken with my new camera...today I completed sorting the ones taken with my other two cameras! And, I have deleted lots...but still have lots...probably they need to be gone through again and delete some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment