Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July Showers/Storms

I thought that it was supposed to be April showers...but, for us in Middle TN, we just keep having showers no matter the month! We are supposed to get quite a bit of rain between now and the weekend. It rained on Woody when he went for his ten-mile walk early this morning. He wasn't expecting rain so didn't carry an umbrella. Shortly after I got home from the library late this afternoon we had a downpour for a few minutes and I think that I am hearing rain on the roof again. I don't think that it will be a very good day for fireworks in much of the southeast tomorrow. There's one thing...things are very green this July...no drought...yet, anyway! It seems like lately it is either drought or flood! At the moment we are under a flood watch (meaning that conditions are right for flooding)until Friday sometime. I'll bet that at a point in the next several days that the low one-way bridge that we travel on the back roads to Murfreesboro will be under water. Woody didn't get much sleep last night. Before midnight he woke up and realized that he had the symptoms of another kidney stone. Late in the morning, he said that he had quit hurting...so he has either passed the stone or it isn't moving. Last I checked (supper time) he was still doing okay. I came upstairs to rest my back after supper and just about immediately fell asleep. Now, hopefully, I'm awake enough to blog and then get on with what I had planned to do around the house. The day is getting away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment