Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Under the Big Top Nostalgia

I have had a bit of a nostalgic afternoon. I was looking for something in my file folders that had to do with my childhood...so far haven't found what I was looking for, but have had a lot of fun with what I did find! I decided to scan the photos of the last Phoenix performance of The Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey Circus under the Big Top. These were taken September 21,1955. And, the last performance under the Big Top was February 17, 1956 in Pittsburgh, PA. Just my father and I went as my sister was only six months old so she and Mother stayed home. My father and I also went into Phoenix when the circus train arrived and we watched them put up the tents. By the way I still have the ticket stubs and the cost of our tickets were $1 each...times and prices have definitely changed!!! I wonder what I'm eating! Woody walked four miles this morning and did some mowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment