Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Flutterby!

Once again we have butterflies in our butterfly flower garden. I guess that they are later this year due to all the rain plus cooler than normal temps in the spring. But they seem to be back...once again just about every time that I look out the kitchen window I see butterflies fluttering around. I spent some time outside again capturing a few of them. Tonight's photo is a spice bush swallowtail. This poor guy was pretty beat up...I think that he had come in contact with a bird's beak (or two). But as you can see he is still pretty...taken from the right angle! I used a filter in my photo software to make it look like a painting. This effect will probably only show if you click on it and enlarge it. Woody got up early and walked six miles. Later in the morning he did our weekly grocery shopping. I finished the crop pants that I had been working on. I'm now contemplating which pattern to use to make a shirt for me. While thinking about this, I have started a mending/repair job that has been hanging on the sewing room door for quite a while (mending/repairing ranks pretty low on my to-do sewing list...definitely not my favorite part of sewing). We had leftover marinara sauce with linguine (Woody prepared the linguine). That about sums up our day at this point...nothing too out of the ordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment