Monday, July 29, 2013

Tradition!

Here's Isaac with Goosey (Woody). And, a tradition is being carried out...Goosey reading/chanting/"singing" Old MacDonald while reading our Old MacDonald Had a Farm book. This book has survived lots of grandchildren...I think that we got it when Alex (just turned 16) was small. Isaac seems to like it as well as his cousins and siblings! This is the book that the grandchildren have brought to Goosey to read for years. At this age they love to listen to all the sounds that the animals, tractor,people, etc. make...plus look and search for things on the pages. Goosey and Isaac are making the sound of a tractor while they look at this page. Wonder if the book will survive one more (Yes, that's a hint!)!?! Today has been a sewing day for me. The birthday surprise is progressing nicely. I put it aside to make supper and I'm not sure that I am up to picking it up again tonight. These days I wish for the good ol' days when I could sew (or whatever I wanted to do) for hours and hours! But, alas, those days seem to be over for me...my old back just won't let me. It has been a lovely day...almost fall-like. It actually got down to the upper 50's over night and never got out of the 70's today...certainly doesn't seem like the end of July! Woody walked four miles this afternoon and he mowed some. Elijah played over here for a while this afternoon. He was here when I started our supper. He was in the mood to play store. He had the toy cash register out and wanted me to play so I bought the food that I needed for tonight's pasta sauce! He was happy and I was able to get supper ready while he played...a win-win situation!He also loves to use our onion chopper so I got some work out of him too! Kathy was over when Elijah had the cash register out and he told her that he wanted to take her to Red Lobster. I asked him what he would order and he thought a minute and then said "crab arms!" (A favorite of his family is crab legs...but in the mind and out of the mouth of a 4-year-old...legs on a crab aren't real distinguishable from arms!) He keeps us smiling, as do all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment