Monday, February 15, 2016

A Rainy Back to Routine Monday

We have had rain off and on all day today...and in the last few hours it has just come down continuously...I've been listening to it on the roof. I'll bet Rutledge Falls (a local falls...pictured above)is really rushing after all the rain. I took this picture in the Fall about a year and a half ago...I was looking for rain pictures and saw my folder with Rutledge Falls in it and decided that it would be a good picture for a rainy day. We got back to a school routine after being off last week. We missed several days due to Nathan, Kathy and family being off on ministry opportunities. And, then missed at the end of the week since I wasn't feeling very well. Elijah had his long time with me today and we got underway with making him a machine embroidered bookmark. He came back over mid afternoon with a camo t-shirt that needed to have a seam or two redone. He had told me about them this morning and I told him that I could fix them...so he didn't forget and came back. I just finished redoing the hem in the shirt so it is "almost" like new! Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning to have Bible study with Jeff and then visited several of our church members who are residents there. This afternoon he cut up the last of our pumpkins and cooked it...guess I have a job to go down and use the immersion blender to puree the cooked pieces...guess I will do that after I post this. I am almost finished with the tree...it gets barer and barer...which is a good thing at this point! All that have specific boxes are in their boxes so the rest just have to be wrapped and/or layered into boxes...mass packing at this point...so that should go pretty fast. Woody didn't walk today for two reasons...too rainy and he is still being careful of his knee, though he says that it is a lot better. If we were on our usual (as in the last year +) routine of going to Vanderbilt every three weeks...this would have been the day...so first three weeks out of twelve has passed since his last visit to see Dr. Sosman...this is the second Keytruda infusion that he has not taken since he was declared to be in remission.

No comments:

Post a Comment