Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The End is Near!

Are you wondering if I am being prophetic by tonight's title?!? Well, what I am referring to is that the end of the Christmas tree and ornaments is in sight. On the coffee table are the handmade ornaments and their boxes that they will hopefully fit into. And, on the dining room table are all the other ornaments that still need to be tucked away. The only box that is totally is the white one on top. The others just have places them in to tuck a few more ornaments around the boxes that are already in them. I am hoping that all that are left will fit in...not sure at the moment. Each year my goal is to not add any additional boxes to what have to be packed into the Christmas closet. Time will tell! But at least there are no more ornaments on the tree. Woody got up this morning and made pumpkin muffins for our breakfast. I had school on a normal Tuesday schedule. Joy continues to work on a cover for her tablet. She is very close to finishing it. I just hope that it works and holds her tablet securely enough that it protects it. She chose very pretty fabric to make it. I got a call from the public library this morning that they have a book for me that I had requested. I think that it is The Hobbitt that Graham and I have been reading together. I was going to go get it, but it started to rain harder so I decided to wait till the rain quit...and it never did when it was convenient for me to head out. So I did a little cleaning...I actually ran the vacuum in a couple of rooms. Then I worked some more on the tree and then I sat down to read for a while and ended up taking a nap. When I woke up it was time to fix supper. We had tacos...a good change up from our soups of late. Woody waited for the rain to subside before he headed to the church prayer room. This is the first time that he has ventured out on a walk since last week when he hurt his knee. He hasn't returned yet. I am planning to either read or stitch some more on my needlework piece. I am just about finished with this one. As I stitch these last stitches I have been trying to figure out if I will start the companion piece to this one or if I want to finish something else in my needlework bag that is unfinished or...their are many other needlework options tucked away around the house...lots to choose from...either new or unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment