Saturday, February 27, 2016

Happy 14th, Graham!

Where does the time go? It just seems like yesterday when I first heard Graham cry over the telephone! Graham was born in Texas so our first introduction to him was with pictures via email and hearing him over the telephone! This has been a big year for Graham as a hunter as he has killed four bucks...thus this special ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. His silly hat was made from Magformers for him by his siblings...he was a good sport and donned it for a few minutes and then it fell apart...probably much to his relief! We have had a pretty much normal day for a Saturday. Woody went to the Credit Union, WalMart, the hospital(to visit a church member), and the library. After lunch he went on a four mile walk. I passed him on his walk as I went to the library to pick up a book that they had for me. Graham will be happy as it is The Lord of the Rings. The moment that he got finished with The Hobbit, he said that he wanted this one so I put in a request for it. I have had an interesting day puttering around in the house. I was determined that I would have the dining room back in complete order...BUT...the things that I needed to do before I headed into that room didn't "let" me meet my goal. I did start out in the dining room and put back everything that had been put away...even dusted the tea cup display shelves and got them back to preChristmas order. I got the dining room table cleared off except for the table cover. I was going to roll that back onto the big cardboard tube that I store it on...but I needed a large space and decided that I would do it in the living room before I moved the love seat back to its non-Christmas spot. I needed to vacuum first and decided that I really needed to finish vacuuming upstairs before carrying it downstairs. Probably a big mistake...as I spent the rest of the time cleaning and puttering around in our bedroom. As I was moving a big basket that is next to my chair, so I could vacuum under it, I remembered that I wanted to try out a needlework gizmo that holds the hoop so my hands can be free...I hadn't used this particular contraption for quite a few years and thought the other night that it might work clipped onto the table that is next to my recliner. So I decided to get it out and give it a try...I found it...actually remembered right where it was...so that was easy...then I remembered something else that I had stored in my needlework/photography cabinet...a BIG mistake to go into that!!!! I ended up taking a couple of things out and then ended up taking everything out of that particular cubby...dusted off the shelf and straightened everything that had been on it...came across several things that I had forgotten about...one a needlepoint piece that I may work on after I complete the one I am working on. All the above to say that I chased a lot of rabbits and did quite a bit...but not a lot to show for it...and the dining room didn't get done to it what I had planned...oh, well...it will wait till I get around to it! One plus...I have been looking for my ear buds for my iPad for some time. I kept thinking that they had probably fallen down into the recliner and did turn the recliner up on end when I was vacuuming behind it and there they were hung up in the recliner parts. I will end by wishing Graham a super 14th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment