Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Day!

Wish I had a picture of one of these goats actually leaping...but it was as the only picture that came to mind among my 1000's that would give the idea of leaping. I'm sure that I have one of one child or another jumping...but this one was easier to find. I took this one of these goats on one of our many trips to Vanderbilt back in 2009. It has been a pretty last day of February. Some of the neighbor grandchildren took advantage of the nice day and played outdoors. The children and I had our usual Monday school day. Elijah liked the picture of a possible case for his iPod...so we got busy planning it...choosing fabric from my multitude of leftover scraps, measuring his iPod, and getting out other supplies that we will need. Abigail chose to sew during her reading time as she wanted to make another zipper pouch to give to one of her friends. She also came over this afternoon for a while and worked on it some more. Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning and had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with other friends who reside there. I sat down after lunch and finished my needlepoint piece that I had picked up to work on...one more needlework piece completed that had sat dormant in a needlework bag for many years. Another afternoon activity was to take advantage of a sale on sewing supplies that was a one-day event honoring the 29th of February...29% off my order...sounded too good to pass up when I was needing several items that they sell. I also found a supplier of zippers and ordered some to keep Abigail supplied for her bags! Abigail can't seem to get ahead on her bags...she completes a couple and then seems to find someone to give them to. The one she started today she wanted to give to a friend tonight, but there just wasn't time to complete it. She will get it finished and give it to her the next time that she sees her. Abigail has a very giving spirit...she almost always plans to give away the projects she makes in her sewing time with me. Woody walked four miles this afternoon. We have finished supper and are settling in for the evening. I'm deciding what needlework project to tackle next. Doing needlework has cut into my reading time...good thing that I am ahead, at this point in the year, of my goal of one book a week! I'm way ahead of my goal of the year of completing needlework projects...since I hadn't set a goal!!! So long to another month...I guess we will welcome March tomorrow. Wonder if March will come in like a lion or a lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment