Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Active Wednesday

Here's what the sky looked like when I got to the church library this afteroon...such a clear crisp blue with white whispy clouds. When we left a couple of hours later, the sky was back to looking very wintry.
The streaks are the sun shining through the clouds. Woody seems to be in a baking mood. This morning early he made pumpkin muffins. He also made pumpkin pudding for the neighbors' lunch. Then late this afternoon he made cranberry apple crisp for our supper dessert. Joseph has graduated from a 15 minute time to a 30 minute time for school with me. We have robbed Peter to pay Paul to get him that extra 15 minutes...took 5 minutes away from each of the three morning readers' times with me. So now Joseph had 30 minutes and Isaac has 45 minutes and the three readers get 25 minutes and then whoever's long time it is still gets an hour. It was Abigail's long time today and she started on two more zipper bags. She's making two smaller ones this time. After Joseph's school time, he went to help Goosey (Woody) with his Krogering. I went to the church library after lunch and on the way home stopped at the public library. I was looking for an Annie Oakley biography for Joy (and found another book for me too). Joy bought Graham's BB gun from him last week. So we've been saying that when she walks around with her gun that she looks like Annie Oakley. Since Joy didn't know who Annie Oakley was, we are going to find out by reading the book I found as soon as she finishes the book she is reading to me right now. While I was at church, Woody walked four miles. It's been a busy Wednesday...or so it seems as I look back on the activities of the day. Our weather never got really bad last night...just lots of rain and some wind. I think that I saw one streak of lightning and one clap of thunder...of course I could have slept through some that I don't know about!

No comments:

Post a Comment