Thursday, February 25, 2016

When It Rains It Pours

Today's title I am saying figuratively...though we have had our share of rain lately. But today has been "one of those days" in our house. I got underway with school at the usual time with Joseph. Then when Woody walked Joseph home, Isaac wasn't "in the mood" to come back to the house for school so Kathy ended up swapping some times and let Abigail and then Elijah come over to read to let Isaac "come around in his mood." When he did come over, all was fine. He and I got underway with his lessons but not long into them he was "ready to go back home." But I was determined to have him stay for his time...UNTIL...Woody stuck his head in the school room door and announced that one of the toilets had overflowed...WELL...that put a stop to Isaac's lessons as I had to get in there fast and grab towels and get the water absorbed before it could go through the floor to the ceiling below! As I was racing in there, Isaac stated again that he wanted to go home, so I just told him that neither of us could walk him home at that moment and he said that he could go by himself...and, at that point I decided that it was "okay" for him to head on home and we'd catch up on his school on another day! I was still absorbing water into towels when Joy came for her reading time, but she did get to read not long after she got over here. Joy brought back the tray with the empty pumpkin pudding dishes. Woody took the tray from her and put it on the counter...BUT it didn't get all the way onto the counter or it wasn't balanced or something and it came crashing to the floor. I just heard the CRASH from the bathroom upstairs and knew that it sounded like "something" breaking! When I came downstairs to investigate, Woody had already started sweeping up the broken glass. We now only have four of those bowls...in other words four broke. When I told Esther that we only had four bowls now, she was very disappointed, as she knew that wasn't enough bowls to put pumpkin pudding in for her whole family! We will be looking for more of these bowls, I'm sure! Esther got to do her long time with me, as things had calmed down by then. She, again, worked on her cross stitch project. She is getting very close to finished. She put in the last cross stitches today and is doing the outlining. After lunch, I had to get busy and do the various things that needed to be done after our two "disasters." Woody had run the vacuum in the kitchen, but I thought that I needed to mop the floor...so did that. And then I pulled out the carpet shampooer and shampooed the bathroom carpet. And, had to wash and dry two loads of towels. Anyway, we were quite busy today with unplanned cleaning projects! Woody walked to downtown Tullahoma this afternoon for a meeting. That was his walk for the day. We are settled in for the evening...Woody watching TV and reading and I'm going to go watch a show on my iPad and needlepoint...unless I fall asleep! I'm hoping that "disasters" are behind us for the time being at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment