Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thoroughly Thursday

Last night after I blogged I added the beads to this cross stitch project that had been in the making for a looooooong time. Then today, while Esther was cross stitching during her long time, I added the swan charm and cut it out to fit into the top of this small shaker box. I had had a Christmas cross stitch picture in it and decided that I would use the box year-round...this during the regular part of the year and the Christmas one during Christmas. This design is called "Swan Lake." I had made it some time back and made it into a Christmas ornament for my sister. Then at some point I ran across another swan charm so decided to make it again and keep it this time. So...a cross stitch project completed. I had school today on a normal Thursday schedule. Then after lunch Graham came over and read The Hobbit with me. Woody walked four miles late this morning, as he knew that he was going to be going next door to watch the neighbor grandchildren while their parents went on a shopping/dinner date. They drove to Murfreesboro so it was a longer date than usual. Woody is still over there. I ate supper with them, then Graham and I came back over here and read some more from The Hobbit. We have managed to get half-way through it (Definitely not my choice of literature genre...but Graham is really enjoying it.). I expect that I will lose it into cyberspace tomorrow at some point. I have requested it in book form from our library. And, Graham and/or his daddy are supposed to get online and get on the hold list for the e-book. Then we will be back in business in one form or the other for reading it after the copy we now have has been whisked away. I decided that I wanted to continue to use the above pictured needlework lap stand and so started a new small project today. It uses specialty threads and beads and has three hearts framed by cross stitched vines. I figured that a heart project was a good one to start in February. Maybe doing a couple of small things will get me back to doing needlework once again and then I will be ready to get busy again on one of my large needlework pieces. Something that can be finished quickly sounds good to me at the moment. Another school week is behind me...so I hope that I can get motivated "again" to work on our Christmas. I would "sort of" like to have it down by Valentine's Day...I'd better get motivated quickly...Valentine's Day is fast approaching! Well, off to either read or cross stitch. I am half-way through my 12th book of the year...well above my desired average of one book a week...so needlework can take up some of that reading time and I can still stay on "schedule" with my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment