Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday

Thursday has proved, so far, to be a fairly normal day. I got up and got the beans started simmering prior to having school. My usual Thursday crew of students filed through at their appropriate times. Esther continued to work on her cross stitch picture. She just has a few more cross stitches and then she will be ready to do the backstitch/outline. During Abigail's reading time she chose to sew because she was trying to finish a zippered bag. She and her sisters have been invited to a birthday party and the bag is her part of her of the gift...from what I understand her sisters are going to choose an item or two to put into the bag as their part of the gift. This time Abigail personalized it...she used my machine to machine embroider their friend's name on it. After lunch, I finished up the white chili. Abigail came back after her piano lesson to finish the bag so...her part of the present is finished. A little after Abigail left, we had friends stop by...though Woody was off on his six-mile walk and missed getting to see them. I had a nice visit with them. After they left I fixed myself a cup of tea (Thanks, Linda and Doyle, the Downton Abby flavor is yummy!) I sipped tea and read for a while this afternoon. We had white chili for supper and for dessert, a piece of the gingerbread that Woody made yesterday. I did manage last night to finish getting all the ornaments boxed up...but the boxes still haven't been brought upstairs nor has the tree left its stand yet. Eventually the mess will only be a memory. But I doubt that I will get much done on it tomorrow as a friend called this afternoon and we have planned a photography excursion for tomorrow. Perhaps I will come away from it with at least one photo worthy to post on the blog...time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment