Friday, February 26, 2016

"Say Cheese!"

Have you ever wanted to stick your tongue out when someone asks you to "say cheese?" Our oldest granddaughter used to love to do that when she was younger. Today, for our excitement of the day, we went to church and had our photos taken for the church directory. I always dread this as I am not fond of a camera when it is pointed at me! But today's "ordeal" was quite painless. The photographer made our session short and sweet and she didn't attempt to pressure us into buying any of them...so we survived and will shortly have a free 8X10 that we could/might use to throw darts at and will be a part of FBC, Tullahoma's next church directory! Woody walked 5 miles today which included the Post Office. He got our tax forms filled out this morning and then mailed them while on his walk...good job done! I vacuumed the bathroom and got the scale, wastebasket, and hamper put back in their places and got the carpet shampooer cleaned up and put away. I also got started on vacuuming our bedroom, but got interrupted and never got back to it...perhaps tomorrow? While Woody was on his walk, I put together a pot of soup. That about sums up our day...I'm tired and ready to head to my recliner. I'm making some headway on my needlepoint piece. It's fun to be back doing needlepoint. My mother did a lot of needlepoint over her long life. I still prefer counted needlework...but enjoy doing needlepoint at times. This piece is a sampler of different stitches that I started years and years ago when I belonged to a needlework guild. (Do you remember doing a piece with nine squares, Connie?) I am doing mine in Christmas colors...as I stitch I am imagining it as a pretty pillow at Christmas. So...I'm off to work on it some more. Woody is downstairs watching TV and reading...typical evening in the Dorrell household! Woody has also been plugging away at attemptig the box puzzle in our Christmas closet...one of these days the Christmas boxes will once again be hidden behind those closet doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment