Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday Doings

Tonight's photo shows the first time that I heard Esther play the violin...on Valentine's Day. She started taking lessons a few weeks ago. I could actually recognize the tune she played for me. Today has been a pretty routine Wednesday in our household. Woody got up early and did his Krogering. Then he came home and got busy with his baking...today he made pumpkin pudding for the neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and family)and then made pumpkin gingerbread...mainly for me as he doesnt care for gingerbread much...but I think that even he thought that this recipe is pretty good...not a real strong gingerbread flavor...but very good. I guess you can see the theme in the baking that he has been doing lately...usually something to do with pumpkin. He froze quite a bit of pumpkin when he first cooked a pumpkin so now he is trying to use it up in different recipes. We are almost to the end of the pumpkins that I used for fall decorating...I think that there is only one fairly small pumpkin (compared to the last two that he cooked)and then all the Fall decoration pumpkins will have been cooked in one form or another. I had pretty much a usual Wednesday for school except I think that one slipped through the cracks...I just packed up ornaments while waiting for the next reader. The ornaments on the dining room table did get all packed up before I left to work in the church library. I now just have the handmade ornaments to get boxed up...light at end of the tunnel is getting brighter! While I was working in the library, Woody went on a four mile walk...so he is back to his daily walk. On my way home from church, I stopped and did a couple of errands. Woody has beans soaking to make white chili tomorrow. I have chicken thawing to cook for the chili. Guess it will be a white chili making day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment