Saturday, February 6, 2016

Simply Saturday

I was in the mood to post a winter landscape. I decided that the place to find one quickly was to look back to the photos from our National Institutes of Health (NIH) trips and try to find one in one of the trips that took place in February. I found this one in our first trip of the year to NIH in February 2012. This was taken out the car window while going along at a fair clip on the interstate. We have had a pretty typical Saturday. Woody headed out this morning and ran his weekly Saturday errands...library, Credit Union, and WalMart. I got up and looked through the recipes that we were planning to make and added some things that we needed to the grocery list before he headed off. I continue to pack up the Christmas. The pile of boxes ready to put away is growing...but just not fast enough! I also did a couple of loads of wash. There is still one in the drier waiting for me to go get the clothes and put them away. Woody took a four-mile walk this afternoon. He continues to be in baker mode. Today he made cornbread. So for supper we had cornbread and butternut squash soup. After making the cornbread he continued his cooking ways and made Spicy Vegetable Beef soup. So I have escaped kitchen duty today! For my breaks today I have been reading...haven't picked up my needlework yet today. I have managed to get in a nap or two...now that I think back on it...I think that I dozed off before and after supper...guess a lazy Saturday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment