Thursday, October 11, 2018

#3300

As I was clicking on links to get in I noticed that tonight's post was my 3,300th post.  Shaking my head...are you?!?  Sometimes I question my sanity for keeping on doing this for so many years.  But want to keep it going "just in case"..."just in case I need to keep folk posted about Woody's latest whatever!  So I keep on posting photos and drivel!

Today has been a pretty quiet day.  I have noticed that since our phone has been out (for a week, at least, now) that it is quieter than usual for our household!  Woody didn't walk or do yard work today.  He said that he stayed in to keep warm!!! It only made it into the 70s today...but I expected him to take advantage of it being cooler out in the garden with the sun beating down on him...but no!  I am still not feeling that I need to keep warm...still plenty warm upstairs in my lair!  I did get chilly in the night and grabbed for a throw.  Woody has played Scrabble with the old computer in the school room and also done some things on the laptop in here.  We vie for the rolling office chair when I am sewing and he is working at the laptop!  We do have a folding chair, but that isn't as comfy!  I am now finished with the machine sewing on Esther's blouse.  The skirt is attached.  Whoever came up with the way to finish the bodice was a genius...the instructions seemed fuzzy until I started following them closely and going step by step, it worked and the lining was attached as if by magic!  Not quite...but I will never know how they figured out the way they instructed!  I am using a Children's Corner pattern...a company out of Nashville.  The main designer at one time was from Tullahoma so I actually know her as she and her twin sister and her parents all went to our church at one time.  I have become reacquainted with her through the sewing world. Anyway, the method was rather amazing and finished off attaching the bodice lining with very little hand sewing.  I put aside the blouse to come in here to write the blog.  I am diligently hemming it by hand and that skirt is a wide expanse since it is a pleated skirt.  It is going to take me a while to get around it.  When that is done then it is on to buttonholes and buttons and then a good pressing.  I think that I will have it finished before we celebrate Joy and Abigail's birthdays on Sunday.  It's only taken me a little over two months to get it finished...lots of interruptions and also it took a while to do the hand embroidery.  I'm pleased with it at the moment...now as long as making buttonholes goes smoothly!  I am a little hesitant each time that I make buttonholes because my machine at one time had a problem with the buttonhole sensor and it took a while for the tech to figure out what was wrong...ever since the sensor was fixed I haven't had problems, but I still hesitate a bit when it is time to make them...as that last step "could" ruin all the work that I have done!  This is pretty fragile fabric so I don't want to have to pick any buttonholes out!  I imagine that I will finish hemming tonight and leave the buttonholes till in the morning when I am fresh!

Besides sew today, I have been on the phone (cell) trying to find and start to solve some problems.  First I called our pharmacist to find out about a Part D Plan that my insurance agent has recommended that I switch to so I can continue to use the local pharmacy.  She said that the one that he has suggested would work with them.  So I have that information when he calls me next week to set up a time to come here to sign me up!  I also asked the pharmacist about transferring my prescriptions for a short period of time to Kroger Pharmacy till I can go back to using the local pharmacy after the first of the year.  So I know how to go about that now.  THEN I decided that I would once again attempt to find out if our landline problem was still on file at AT&T.  Once again, I mainly got in a loop and couldn't get out.  I ended up trying an online chat for AT&T but it ended up being for U-Verse and after a lot of back and forth it was decided that they couldn't help me!  I finally found an 800 # that let me check the status of our report of the outage...and it looks like it is still reported and they still say that it will be fixed by October 17th!  One place that I called, told me that I had a bill that was to be sent shortly and did I want to pay it...definitely not!  At least I know that we are still on a "list" that says our landline that needs to be repaired!   I questioned it as it was fixed momentarily after Nathan phoned in and then when next we picked it up to use it, it was dead again.  Do you suppose that they want us to give up our landline?!?

Well, back to hemming.  Woody flopped on the couch downstairs watching TV and covered up with his quilt!  His circulation must be telling that him that he is getting old! It is not that cold...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment