Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Truly Tuesday

The day started out with school.  All cycled through and at their proper times.  Esther had her long time and spent it watercolor painting.  She said that the next time she thought that she would use her special colored pencils.  She's doing great working with all sorts of art mediums and having lots of fun.

As soon as school ended, I got busy cooking for a meeting at our church.  I made a rice vegetable medley...using things in our freezer that Woody is not supposed to eat...got rid of two big bags of veggies that contained broccoli and also finished up a bag of brown rice...again, something that he isn't supposed to eat.  

While I was cooking, Woody headed off to take a friend to McMinnvile for a medical appointment.  After he got back to Tullahoma, he stopped at the prayer room at church and then headed home.  I was chomping at the bit for him to get home so I could deliver the food to the church.  He did get home in plenty of time and I did get the food delivered.  When I got home, Woody asked if we could have Philly sandwiches for supper.  I wasn't exactly in the mood to do any more cooking, but he cut all the peppers and onions and I just had to cook them and then cook the minute steaks (one of the only times that he will eat meat these days...these are very low in sodium and no additives even though a processed product.).

I did a little more preparation for my quilting event on Saturday.  I plan to go do a little more after I post this blog.  Woody was helping clean up the kitchen (his leg must be feeling at least a little better).  I imagine that he will read and watch TV for the rest of the evening.  The kitty is wandering around until it is time for her to settle into "her room" for the night.  She is healing, but it is a slow process.  Esther has been coming over and putting her in carrier and taking her outside at her house so she can start getting ready to head over there.  Now to get Peaches and Georgia to be friendly to each other...sisters!  I think that Peaches was enjoying her "only child" status and isn't too excited over her sister's return!



No comments:

Post a Comment