Monday, October 22, 2018

Painting Fall!















Here is the watercolor that Esther painted a couple of weeks ago. It is now feeling like Fall...we actually had frost this morning.  According to WeatherBug it got down to 30 degrees last night.  It was pretty chilly this morning, but turned into a very pleasant afternoon.  I had school this morning, but it was changed around a bit as the three youngest boys went off with their daddy for a field trip.  Joseph and Isaac came at the same time this morning.  I did several lessons with Joseph and then had Isaac read.  Joseph continues to do a good job with his phonetic reading.  He started his second Bob Book.  While I was having school with Joseph and Isaac, Woody headed off to The Life Care Center to have Bible study and visit with some of the residents.  He also left Georgia just roaming around the house, which is usually perfectly fine as she has settled in nicely to being a house cat till her wounds heal (they are better, but still not healed...she has been home a week now).  He didn't realized that Peaches was also in the house.  Well...I started hearing a rumbling noise and couldn't figure out what it was...it was the cats realizing that each other were both inside!  The rumbling was a deep seated growling...I guess!  I had Isaac go over and get Esther and Kathy so we would have more than one adult referee! Peaches is not being very welcoming to her sister!  They had a stare down before both turned and went to separate rooms in the house.  Kathy corralled Peaches and Joy and Esther and Joy got Georgia.  Georgia went back to the sun porch and Peaches went back outside.

Nathan, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph headed off in our car to go to a farm about an hour away.  They had arranged to get duck eggs from this farm and found out that along with lots of ducks, they also had a baby alpaca and other animals.  One of Joseph's favorite animals at the St. Louis Zoo a couple of weekends ago was the Alpaca because of the way they chewed!  He also loved the hippos at the zoo...no hippos at the farm, though!  The reason for the trip for duck eggs is that Joseph is allergic to hen eggs, but seems to not be allergic to duck eggs.  Using duck eggs in what they cook makes things a bit simpler and makes there be more that they cook that Joseph can eat.

This afternoon Woody took our Ford Fusion in to the Ford dealership to have a recall done on it.  It was done very quickly.  I'm not sure what problem was fixed this time.  This is at least the 2nd recall we have had done on the Fusion.

Esther read to me right after the boys left and then I had an hour to do things before it was time for Joy to read and then have her long time.  Joy painted again today...but I didn't think to snap a picture of what she painted.  She is enjoying the watercolor paint pens that we gave her for her birthday.

During my downtime when there were no readers, I got busy on getting some items ready to sew at my Saturday quilting/sewing day that is put on by one of the quilting guilds in town.  I told myself that I would work on Christmas gifts so I am getting things ready to have things to work on that day.  After lunch I worked on them some more.

I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup...Woody can have everything in it except the chicken, I was going to leave it out and just add it to my bowl, but Woody said to go on and put it in and he would just eat around the pieces!  I used a fork and took out most of the pieces of chicken before serving him his!  Maybe having it in it will give him at least a little protein...I am concerned about him being anemic...he's looking pretty pale!  He goes back for blood work next week and then sees the doctor the next.

Woody went to the Furnace Room Prayer Meeting this evening.  He is now home and we are settling in for the a quiet evening...he reading and watching TV and me probably working some more on Christmas gifts.  I "almost" said "tis the season!"  And, I guess since I am working on Christmas, that it is...but I will wait a bit till I really start saying it!  'Tis the Season will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment