Thursday, October 18, 2018

Red-Letter Day!

Joseph finished the first of the Bob Books today.  He took it home and has been attempting to read to anyone who will listen.  Nathan said that he read the whole book to him.  It is composed of  four stories.  He was rather pleased with himself.  He had been wanting a book that he could read all by himself...there aren't too many books out there that are pretty much totally phonetic...in this one he had to learn the sight words "the" and "a."  The rest he could sound out and by the end of the book he wasn't having to sound out words that were repeated a lot in a story.  He did a great job!  I'm really proud of him.

Woody continues to take it easy.  Earlier he said that he thought that his leg was a little better.  When I asked him just a few minutes ago, he said that it was about the same...don't if that "the same" was that it was "a little better" or the same as it was yesterday.  He is still using the walker to help him maneuver through the house when he isn't sitting in his chair.

I had a pretty much the same as usual day of school.  I just realized that I forgot to have "Osmo Day" with Joseph.  We got so involved in getting finished with the first Bob Book and then with our counting lesson that  Osmo slipped our minds!  He was pretty anxious to head home and let everyone know that he had a book that he could read all by himself.  This week has been a bit topsy turvy due one thing or another...yesterday I only had Joseph, Isaac and Elijah come over.  They went to Montessori School to juggle for Abigail's birthday.  On Tuesday we missed school all together because Woody had the appointment at Vanderbilt.  So I guess that it didn't seem like Thursday to either Joseph or me!  Isaac read and later came over for his long time.  He came over all ready to make another placemat...this one for Joseph...except he found some fabric with baseballs and baseball bats on it and I think that he plans to trade the one he already made to Joseph so he can keep the baseball one!  Whatever!  We also got back into the reading mode with Isaac, Elijah, Esther, and Joy this morning...moving forward in each of their books.  Joy took hers home since she is getting to the place in the mystery that she wants to know what happens next.

I rested for a little while after I ate lunch...read.  And, then got busy on making supper.  I made another pot of cabbage soup with the other half of the cabbage.  Woody told me when I made it earlier that it was the best thing that he had eaten since this strict diet.  It still isn't my favorite, but since it tastes so good to him and I had all the ingredients I decided to make it again.  Tomorrow I plan to make a pie and some bread...we'll see if I follow through on said plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment