Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday = Baking Day!

Busy day for both of us.  Probably busier than either of us needed it to be...especially Woody.  Even though I told Woody that I would do the shopping, he said that he could do it.  So he headed off a little after 8 am.  He got home after 10 am.  He carried in one bag of groceries and I got the rest while he rested.  He ate some grapes and then headed out the door to run errands with his friend who has no transportation.  He didn't get back home till 12:30 pm...or maybe a little later.  He was definitely ready to collapse in his recliner!  And, has stayed pretty close to the recliner for the rest of the day. Hopefully his leg is getting better...still has a way to go to be healed.

Speaking of healing, Georgia, Esther's kitty seems to be doing fairly well.  We let her roam in the house today and...she went wild going up and down the stairs...her wounds must not hurt her too much for her to be able to zip around as fast as she was!

While Woody was at the grocery store, I got underway with making English muffins.  We found out that the bought ones...at least the ones that we had bought recently had additives that Woody isn't supposed to have so I decided to venture into making them.  Erin and I had made them some time back, but I couldn't use that recipe as it had ingredients that Woody can't have.  So I found a recipe that was "Woody friendly."  They really aren't very hard to make.  We each just had one toasted with the jam that is "Woody friendly" and they tasted pretty good.  Before Woody got home from his second errand trip, Isaac and Joseph came over to see if Isaac could work some more on the placemat that he had started yesterday.  I had a lull in the baking "schedule" while the dough was rising so helped him finish up the placemat.  He was happy.  When I went over to Nathan and Kathy's later in the afternoon, I looked to see who I had used the blue corduroy and baseball print for their one-year photo and it was Isaac!  So he chose well...and looks like he approves of what I made him so many years ago!  He gave Joseph the first one that he made.  Joseph was happy with that decision.  He was happy as long as he got one, I think!

I rested for a while after my bread making and wasn't sure if I had it in me to make the apple pie after the morning of bread making.  But in the end I decided that I would go ahead while the flour, etc. was still out.  I tried a new recipe for pie crust...not happy with the results...at this point.  The pie is still in the oven due to come out in a little while.  Smells good around here!  Guess I had better head downstairs to keep an eye on the pie in these final minutes!  Just wish that we had vanilla ice cream!!!!!  But...ice cream is not "Woody friendly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment