Thursday, October 25, 2018

Beginning To See Fall Color

A hint of fall color is beginning to show here and there as you drive through town or look down our street or into our backyard.  As I was walking over to Nathan's I found two bright red leaves from one of our oak trees in the front yard.  The hickory trees in the backyard are beginning to turn a pretty yellow.

I had school this morning on a usual Thursday schedule.  Isaac joined Joseph after Joseph had his reading and counting lessons.
Thursdays are Osmo days.  Joseph chose to do the coding game once again.  He likes the little character who loves to eat strawberries!  After Joseph's time then the others fell into place for their turns to read.  Then it was Isaac's long time with Grammy.  He wanted to sew and wanted to make another pillow.  He has about depleted my stuffing!  He came back over in the afternoon and wanted to make another pillow for Joseph.  I used the excuse of "no stuffing" for the reason that we needed to wait.  Joy and Esther came over and painted a picture to give a friend for her birthday.  While they were doing that Isaac did a little artwork, too.  I was resting during their art time.  Georgia seems to be feeling a lot better and her wounds look better each day now.  She still has a way to go to be completely healed.  She had a long leisurely nap on the guest bed this afternoon!  I hope that she will sleep tonight and not keep Woody up with her antics out on the sun porch!

Woody managed to get a hair cut this afternoon.  He had tried earlier in the week and his barbershop was closed, but he was successful in finding it open today.  I have had a couple of conversations with our insurance man.  We are in the process in getting me signed up for a different Medicare Part D.  I've got part of the paper work done and then it wouldn't accept my Medicare number...I don't know which it wants...my new one that I was mailed the other day or my old one...it didn't accept either!  So I guess I'll be back on the phone with the insurance man tomorrow or the first of the week.  I made Woody Mexican Rice this afternoon.  He ate his rice and I ate my rice from what I made for the church...I added chicken to mine...quite tasty.  His is tasty, also.  We are slowly but surely trying to find tasty recipes that he can eat.  I look through my recipe books and ones that he can have are far and few between!  He gets labs done next week.  I wonder if all this strict diet has helped him with his kidney function numbers.  I'm pretty sure that the diet hasn't helped him with his anemia problem!  I guess he will see the next week what his nephrologist wants to do about that since his oncologist passed that decision back to the nephrologist.  Woody has worked on his Sunday School lesson today as well as playing the computer multiple games of Scrabble.  He is now downstairs sitting in his recliner reading and/or watching TV.  As usual we are settling in for a quiet evening with only a few interruptions from Georgia wanting our attention!  She is a good one to lie in wait and jump out and scare me!  I'm still not used to having a cat in the house...we used to but haven't had a cat in years and years.  I have been working on projects to take to the all-day-quilting day on Saturday and am going to get back to it as soon as I hit publish. Hopefully I will have enough projects done by tomorrow evening when I blog and will then be packing up things to take the next morning...it's almost like moving my sewing room...well, not quite!

No comments:

Post a Comment