Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Angel Trumpets!



 Woody spotted this interesting plant in Nathan and Kathy's backyard and told me to grab a camera or two.  I had never seen an Angel Trumpet plant in person before...though I had seen someone post a picture of the interesting blooms just the other day on Facebook.  I don't know if you can spot Woody or not, but he is in the background of the top photo.  He walked over with me while I took some pictures and had sat down.  I noticed when I took a picture of the whole plant that he was "hiding" in the background!

Soon after I got up this morning I went back to work on Esther's blouse.  I was making some progress when a couple of the neighborhood grandchildren came over with a bright idea.  They wanted to make a pillow for a basket for Peaches to sleep in.  Woody was wanting to use the laptop (which means the sewing chair) in the sewing room so I headed to the guest room where the children sew.  We had already found a piece of fabric that they wanted to use.  The only problem with what they chose was that it was in many pieces so I ended up piecing it together for them with my serger.  They stuffed it. Put it in the basket and showed it to Peaches and she immediately settled in the basket ready for a nap!  They were pretty happy that she liked it so well!

I went back to work on Esther's blouse and got a little more done on it.  I am about to set in the second sleeve...this is the second time for this sleeve.  I realized after I got it in that I hadn't done it the way that they recommended so sat and debated for a while whether to take it out or not.  Finally I basted the second one in the way it was supposed to be put in and liked it better so took out the first one.  Now I am ready to begin again on the second try for the first sleeve!

The weather was more pleasant today. It is feeling a little more like Fall!  Woody worked in the yard again weeding and mulching.  As he says he is making progress...slowly but surely!

This evening Woody walked to the prayer room at church.  He returned a little while ago.  We are now settling in for another quiet evening in our Dorrell household.

No comments:

Post a Comment