Saturday, October 27, 2018

Create! Create! Create!

I spent seven hours totally enveloped in the sewing world today.  I even managed to accomplish a  little.  I have one Christmas gift totally finished and one really close to finished.  As soon as I publish this, I plan to put the finishing touches on it and can chalk the day up to finishing two gifts completely.  I never get as much done as I hope when I attend these sewing days.  I had quite a few more items to work on than I even touched today...but that is good as they are ready to tackle here at home.  I had a very good time visiting with some friends that I have known for years and then others I just met today. We all have the same thing in common...the love of sewing.  This group has probably more of a love of quilting than I, as I prefer garment sewing, but none the less we speak the same language!  We had good food, too.  They can cook as well as they can quilt/sew!  I came home with several new sewing notions.  The gift bag/door prizes that we each get are always chock full of neat things...mostly sewing related. I'm still not totally "unpacked" but I will do that gradually and get my sewing things that I took back in their proper place...eventually.

Woody fended for himself most of the day.  He dropped me off about 8:30 am and picked me up a little before 4 pm. I gave him his workout today...lifting my machine and getting it into the place where we met and then back home again.  It is extremely heavy. He has also had the responsibility of tending to Georgia, the kitty, as Esther is away for the day so he was put in charge of feeding her, etc.  He went to the library this morning...reason that I know...well, I did ask him, but I also spotted a new children's book on the stairs that he checked out for Joseph and Isaac and anyone else interested.  Isaac has been attempting to read some of the ones that he had been checking out lately.  I'm sure that Woody completed his Sunday School lesson for tomorrow...the evidence: the book is laying here next to me.  I'm also sure that hegot in some reading and TV watching and some eating.  He looks none the worse for wear for my "neglect" today...probably majorly enjoyed being alone for a length of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment