Thursday, October 4, 2018

Summer-like Fall Thursday!

Woody didn't walk today, but has spent a lot of time outside in the yard...mowing, weeding, and mulching.  I had a usual Thursday for school.  Joseph did a little reading and then Isaac joined him and they both did Osmo coding.  Then when it was Isaac's turn to read, he finished the Dick and Jane book and Joseph stayed around and listened.  We also read a story about a three-legged cat.  Isaac had his long time today...literally since he was here for most of Joseph's time, then his reading time and then his long time.  He started making a real placemat today.  The ones he came up with last week were very temporarily lived...which I knew would happen. Today he chose fabric for the placemat and then we put a thin layer of batting in.  It has been sewed around so when he comes next he will choose some fancy stitches to decorate it with.  When today's school drew to an end, it was the official beginning of my second Fall Break this year.  This year we are breaking the Fall break up into two separate weeks.  Tullahoma this year began their Fall Break today and it will go through next week.  Melany is having her Fall Break from Rutherford County Schools this week.

I talked to Melany this afternoon and asked her and Wade to help me out with a purchase.  I found some dishes that someone is trying to sell and I really like them in an online area marketplace.  They will be our everyday dishes "when" our kitchen gets remodeled...perhaps that should read "if!"  We still haven't met with the contractor. I am trying to be patient, but I think that I will give them a call next week to make sure that we are still on their list!  The seller lives in Murfreesboro so I asked Melany and Wade if they would meet up with him and purchase them for me.  So the transaction is supposed to take place tomorrow.  So Melany and Wade will have an extra set of dishes till we meet up with each other!  Joy and I have the color bean bags and drawstring bag for Melany to use at school so we "need" to see each other sometime in the near future.  When we do meet up, Melany and Wade can get paid back for the dishes and we can give Melany the color bean bags, etc. and we can get our dishes!  Maybe in the not so far away future they will make a visit our way or we theirs!  What was nice was when I suggested a place to meet for the transaction, the seller said that he lived close...and, it is just around the corner almost to Melany so looks like it is convenient for both!

I continued to work on finding a new Part D Medicare prescription plan today...what a pain!  My insurance person, who I had hoped could steer me in the right direction, didn't call.  Oh, well, I have plugged in a lot of numbers to several plans and now will have to decide if it is worth changing or not.

We continue to have a very summer-like Fall so far this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment