Saturday, October 13, 2018

Simply Saturday

We've had a pretty quiet Saturday. Woody did go to the library and also ran a couple of errands.  I have stayed inside all day.  I got the buttons sewed on Esther's blouse last night.  This morning I got up and pressed it.  It is now ready for her.  They have had a pretty busy day...two ministry performances and a party.  Woody made Italian Cauliflower and I made Italian Bread!  Just realized that we cooked with a country theme!  The bread does taste really good.  For supper I melted some Havarti cheese on a couple of slices...very good!  I really like my new silicone pastry mat.  It was so easy to knead the dough on it...no slipping around that I always got with my pastry cloths...so glad to have disposed of the two pastry cloths!  When shaping the dough it was so easy to make it the exact size rectangle that the recipe called for as the mat has inches on two sides and centimeters on the other two sides.  I lined it up with the inch sides!  The mat is all cleaned off.  When dry I will roll it and  put it in the baking utensil drawer.  I'll probably have to rearrange it as I will need the full length from front to back of the drawer on one side as the mat is pretty big. While the bread rose I read.  Woody has been watching football and reading this afternoon.  Looks like another quiet Saturday evening for our household! That last fact certainly isn't a surprise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment