Friday, October 5, 2018

Interesting Friday

Today has been an interesting day...the way a lot of days can become when they aren't planned out!  My cell phone rang about 8:30 this morning and a little voice asked me what I was doing.  I told him that I was talking to him.  It was Isaac and he wanted me to come over to help him with his school work.  His mama had to be away for a while.  So I trotted over and helped him to move along with today's assignments.  Later in the day he came over and asked to finish his placemat that he had started yesterday so we did that.  I have managed to get the cutting table cleared so I could put out the yardage for Esther's blouse.  I have some of the pattern pieces pinned onto it and ready to cut out and some I am still considering placement so I will have the optimum yardage to make the piping that I need.  I think that I have it figured out...now to just go on and cut it out!

Woody spent almost all morning either doing our grocery shopping or taking his friend to run his errands.  Those errands took a lot longer than normal.  Woody didn't get home till after noon.  And, he started out around 8am.  He has spent time outside today...mowing and perhaps some weeding and mulching.  He cooked up some of the cauliflower recipe that we have used for years...a recipe of ours that he can actually eat and not have to leave anything out for his diet.  A little while ago he made pumpkin pudding to take next door as an evening treat.  The first pumpkin pudding of the season and it was made from a pumpkin that we grew.

Melany and Wade picked up the new dishes that I bought through Facebook's Marketplace.  Melany said that I was going to be happy...that they were definitely yellow!

I have spent time off and on today reading...I managed to finish an e-book that was going to be due in a couple of days.  I had already started another e-book that had just become available to me through our online library.  I am enjoying.  It is by an author that I had read before and liked her books.  I just learned the other day that this book, The Second Sister, by Marie Bostwick was the inspiration for the Hallmark Hall of Fame Film, Christmas Everlasting. So I decided that I wanted to read it...doubt that I will see the movie since we don't get the Hallmark station...but guess I might see it when it is a DVD.  Often the movies that Woody gets from the library are Hallmark Hall of Fame movies.  So maybe one day...but for the moment I am enjoying the book!

I think that I mentioned that I had put out a call for help from an insurance man who had signed me up for my medicare supplement.  He was supposed to call yesterday and didn't and I still hadn't heard from him today, which surprised me as he is usually good at following through.  Well, this afternoon, I got an email from him saying that he had tried yesterday ad today and had always gotten a busy signal and that something might be wrong with our phone.  And, sure enough when I picked up any of our phones...nothing.  I checked them all and then went and got Nathan to make sure that there wasn't something that I hadn't done.  He further checked by unplugging them all and plugging them back in one at a time...still nothing.  So at that point he decided that we could call AT&T as he didn't know what else to do.  The call of course was an automated one...glad that he made the call...those always frustrate me!  He was finally told that, yes, there was something wrong with the line and that they would make sure that it was fixed by October 17th!  Well, by the time he hung up the cell phone and picked up one of our landline phones it was already back in service!  At least we didn't have to wait till the 17th!  I guess that it had been extra quiet phone-wise...but neither of us had any idea that it had been out of order for a couple of days! So at the moment...last time I checked anyway...our land line is back to working!  Never know what it will be next!  It's things like that that make for interesting days!

No comments:

Post a Comment